Monday, April 26, 2010

We're pregnant!


On March 25th, 2010 I woke up in the wee hours of the morning to get ready for work. I must've been feeling lucky that day. I took a pregnancy test and the faintest + symbol I've ever seen showed up. I stared at it in various lights for about 5 minutes before deciding that it was really there. I woke Trey up from a dead sleep- it was 5:30am- and told him that I thought I was pregnant. His response? "Congratulations"- he clearly wasn't awake enough to realize that this would affect him too!
We had our first sonogram on April 9th and saw a little flicker of a heartbeat. It didn't look like much, but it did confirm that we were, in fact, expecting a baby and that it was growing perfectly. Tentatively, our due date is 12/2/10. The Dr. thought that the baby measured a little on the small side for this due date so we're going to re-measure in a few weeks to confirm the date.
Next appointment: April 30th. Will post the pictures we get.
So far, I'm feeling pretty good but I get abnormally tired really easily! Trey's been awesome about letting me nap as much as I can and putting up with my food aversions- nothing looks really good to me right now!
Thanks for following our baby journey!

1 comment:

  1. MomMom and PopPop Iobst are so excited!!!!!! December 2010 can't get here fast enough for us. What an exciting time for all of us. We are bursting at the seams about this new little life. I know he/she is being watched over by some special greatgrandparents right now, loving the little one until it is time to join you in your world. Love to you both.

    ReplyDelete