Wednesday, November 17, 2010

38 weeks and almost there!

Grandpa Dan pointed out that I've been lax on my blogging. He's right- time is just flying by!
Since the last post, we had an awesome baby shower in Austin at the Hoppe house. We are completely set as far as things we really need for Logan's arrival! I had a fabulous weekend with my mom, Tiff, Erica and Donna. We organized the nursery and hung up all Logan's adorable clothes. My office threw me a surprise shower on October 28th. It was completely unexpected and really sweet.
On November 2nd, our growth update showed Logan at 5 lbs, 14 oz. We went to the perinatologist on November 3rd and got the green light that things were still progressing really well and that he didn't see any forseeable issues. He did recommend a certain type of ultrasound once a week until she arrives, and that we not deliver past her due date.
The concern with a late delivery and a single umbilical artery is that the baby would get too big, and when cramped for space, kink her umbilical cord. If this happens, obviously the blood flow would be reduced in any baby, but our blood flow is already reduced so we really don't want this to happen. He's recommended that if I don't go into labor naturally before then, that we induce sometime in the 39th week.
And that is right around the corner!!
I've got patients scheduled until the 24th so we're trying to make it at least to that date but it's all up to Logan right now! The good news is that I didn't go into labor while Trey was on his hunting trip to Colorado! We're keeping all holiday plans up in the air pending this little one's arrival.
Since we'll be welcoming visitors after she comes home, I just wanted to take this time to ask y'all to please only visit with no sniffles, coughs, germs, etc. Don't forget that newborns have super new immune systems that can't fight off things yet. Please be patient with my psycho new-mommy requests to use hand sanitizer or to wash your hands!!
Next post will be post-baby!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update! I've been wondering how you, Trey and Logan are doing! I love that I can follow you on here. Are naps contributing to you slacking off on the blog? I got so jealous of your naps when I heard your voicemail the other day. I guess my day will come someday too. I hope we get a chance to catch up before the baby comes!

    ReplyDelete